It’s exotic. It’s delicious. It’s a super food that creates near-miracles for you.
Coconut oil may not be your first go-to product when grocery shopping, but the more you learn about it, the more you’ll want to keep it on your weekly grocery list. The well-being that it creates outweighs the costs (because it is slightly expensive in Turkey) and here are the top nutritional benefits:
- The fatty acids in coconut oil are good for you. They serve as a great source of energy.
- It aids in weight loss by reducing your appetite and increasing the body’s metabolic rate, which causes you to burn more fat.
- It strengthens your immune system by killing off various harmful bacteria and viruses.
- It improves the digestive system, preventing stomach problems and digestion-related issues.
- It is good for your heart. It prevents injury to arteries, high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
- It improves memory and brain function.
How to incorporate coconut oil into your cooking?
Because of its coconutty flavor, it’s best for baking and can replace butter and margarine or any other fat or oil that you usually use for baking. It’s also a great addition to juices and smoothies, especially ones made with berries and pineapple. You could also try it with eggs and stir-fries if you don’t mind a slightly sweet flavor in your meal. The best way to reap the benefits of coconut oil is by using an organic one, which you can find here or here or here or here.
Coconut oil’s benefits are not limited to its nutritional ones. Keep an eye out for our upcoming posts where we’ll share coconut oil’s benefits on the hair and skin with easy-to-follow recipes for hair and skincare.