60% of our body is made up of water and it’s crucial to keep the body hydrated so that the system functions well. It’s recommended that we drink around 2-3 liters a day to reap the benefits.
A quick look at the benefits of drinking enough water:
- It helps flush out toxins from the body, which in turn causes our skin to glow.
- All our cells and organs need it, especially the kidneys, which are in charge of getting rid of waste products from the body. The more water the kidneys receive the better they clean the body.
- Water promotes weight loss by increasing the removal of toxins, being a natural appetite suppressant, and raising the metabolism.
- It protects our joints.
- Just as our body, our brain is mostly water, too. That’s why drinking enough water prevents headaches, increases energy levels, and relives fatigue.
- It boosts the immune system.
The best way to increase the amount of water you drink is by carrying a bottle with you at all times. If you find plain water boring, spice it up with lemon and cucumber or any combination of your favorite fruits.