If you’re looking for a chemical-free way to cleanse and polish your beloved jewelry, look no further. This tried and tested method, which feels almost like magic when you first try it, will work wonders in no time.
- Glass dish covered with aluminum folio or aluminum baking dish
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- Rag for polishing
- Something (a spoon or tongs) to remove the jewelry from boiling water
- Add the dry ingredients into the pan and slowly pour in the vinegar. This will cause a slight reaction, so watch out.
- Pour in the boiling water and then place the jewelry in your pan, making sure each piece is touching the foil. Leave the pieces in there for about 1-3 minutes, depending on how tarnished they are.
- Remove the jewelry and use a clean rag to clean off any remaining spots.
There may be a few pieces that are way too tarnished that are yet to return to their original glory. In that case, try this: mix some lemon juice with baking soda in a small dish, dip your piece inside the mixture and let the mixture sit on the surface for a minute or two. Then rub off with a clean rag and rinse with water. This should do the trick.